As I mentioned in my previous article have been using addns to update my DynHOST records at OVH. I have created a Debian package to ease the installation procedure. Add the repository. It should work for all Debian based distributions (nevermind the wheezy reference).
echo "deb http://apt.adaxisoft.be/debian wheezy main" \
wget -q http://apt.adaxisoft.be/public.gpg.key -O- | apt-key add -
Install the package.
apt-get install addns
This will have:
- added addns to your path
- created a configuration file in /etc/addns.conf, this file still needs to be configured to your needs.
- created a file in /etc/cron.d/addns.cron, this file executes addns every 15 minutes, to make sure your record is always up to date.
To configure addns you will need to update the configuration file /etc/addns.conf, you should modify at least:
- update_host, this is the record that you want updated.
- username, this is the username of the account that is allowed to modify the record.
- password, this is the password of the account that is allowed to modify the record.